Tuesday, January 12, 2010

286/365 Pre-snow rush


Everyone seemed to be interested in making french toast at home last week, because this was the scene in the grocery store on Wednesday evening.

What got them in the mood? 4-5 inches of snow predicted for the next day. That inevitably causes people to make a run on the bread, milk and egg aisles. Whenever they hear "accumulating snow," they assume they're going to be snowed in for days, unable to venture out of their homes. So they need bread, milk and eggs.

Yes, yes, I was at the grocery store, too. But I was out of some of my lunch and breakfast fixings for the next day, so I needed to go, regardless. Honestly.

What else struck me as funny in this aisle? Most of the remaining stock that hadn't been wiped out was whole wheat bread and whole grain varieties. The healthier stuff.

Luckily for me, I actually found a bread variety that I've been looking for for some time. Hungry Girl has been raving about Arnold's Sandwich Thins for the past year, but I've never seen them on my weekly grocery runs. It was only because the surrounding stock/clutter had been removed that I saw these on the shelf at Marsh, just waiting for me.

I guess it was meant to be, don't you think?

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000

No comments:

Post a Comment