Friday, January 22, 2010

293/365 Addiction


I admit it, I have an addiction.

It's an addiction to library books. It rooted itself in my life years ago, when I was a small child. And now? The Balance of the World doesn't feel right unless I have at least three library books at home, waiting to be read.

At least I can recognize my addiction. (Then remedy it by making a trip to the library!)

I recently got down to just one book on hand. On my subsequent stop, I came out with a stack of four new books and was immediately able to breathe a relaxing sigh of relief when I got home.

Seven books seemed to be the magic number when I was a kid. That meant one book a day for a week, after which we might be able to make a trip back to exchange them. The limit was placed on me by Mom (wisely), and to this day, I still can't help but keep that number in mind when I'm starting to become voracious.

Any more than that feels really crazy.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 800

No comments:

Post a Comment