Monday, January 25, 2010

295/365 Macro autopsy


Thinking imaginatively like a team member on CSI, I'd call this a photo of an autopsy.

An autopsy of a garage door opener remote.

Well, I don't know if I can really call it an autopsy when I wasn't actually trying to figure out why it died -- but I opened it up post-death, so let's call it that.

I don't care what made it die, I just care that it did. In the process of dying, the opener experienced some seizures that worsened with the progression of its illness (it would only open about 12", then jerk to a halt, light flashing). And that was just plain inconvenient.

The motor itself limped along for a while with the aid of a little medication (WD-40), but eventually, it was just too far gone. We couldn't save it.

So it was replaced with a bright, shiny, new, younger version and I opened up the remote to see what its guts looked like.

Life's rough, huh?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment