Thursday, April 30, 2009

39/365 Fresh asparagus

Asparagus makes me think of two things: 1. my grandmother on my dad's side, and 2. the garden my parents had when I was a kid.

I think of my grandmother because asparagus was something she served every year at Easter when we visited. (I didn't actually eat it myself, but she served it.) It's not like this was the only time I was around asparagus; Mom fixed plenty at home. But for some reason the sight takes me back to Easters in Michigan.

And I think of the garden we had when I was a kid, because we grew a patch of asparagus against a side of the shed. Mom often says that the patch had just filled out and become a fantastic source of fresh asparagus when we sold the house and moved.

Isn't that how it always works?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment