Sunday, April 12, 2009

19/365 Surfing the 'net

When it comes to possessing knowledge about cars and how they work, Chase amazes me.

I remember a time when he was still in high school, and I stepped outside to find him with his head under the hood of his pickup truck. I asked him what he was working on, and he gave me a very detailed account of exactly what he was fixing.

I stood there awestruck, in complete wonder at how my little brother had acquired such great knowledge without me realizing it.

He was never one of those "gear-head" kids who wanted to spend all their time in a garage and grow up to be a mechanic. On the other hand, he was a kid who loved taking things apart to see how they worked, so when he started driving and got his own truck, it makes sense that he would love learning how to maintain it himself.

Now, when he and my cousin get together to spend some time on the Internet, they go straight for YouTube videos showing high-performance trucks.

I'd much rather see them drooling over videos of automobiles than other various subjects they could find.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/60s, f/4 at ISO 1600 in incandescent lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment