Sunday, May 3, 2009

40/365 Patches of clover

I played softball from second grade through eighth. In those earlier years, the pastime girls on my team enjoyed when "stuck" in the outfield was searching for four-leafed clover.

Some were more subtle searchers than others. You could look like you were ready and paying attention, standing completely vertically while casting your eyes to the ground. Or, you could squat down -- or even plop down in the grass if you were truly bold -- and completely ignore what was going on in the infield.

When you're eight or nine years old, not many kids have the skill required to hit a ball all the way into the outfield. So it can be quite boring.

I still think of that when I see a patch of clover and the kid in me wants to stop and look for the four-leafed lucky variety.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment