Tuesday, April 28, 2009

37/365 Collecting rainfall

I've found collecting rainwater to be a fun pasttime throughout my life. [This goes hand-in-hand with both my fascination with meteorology and the way I was raised -- no video games allowed, just entertain yourself. So you get creative.]

As a kid, I loved setting bowls and buckets in scattered locations outside during a rain storm, then waiting to see which ones (if any) collected more than the others.

Now I enjoy having a visible rain gauge at home to monitor our rainfall. And in the future, I'd like to merge the kid in me with the conservationist and begin collecting rainfall for watering plants.

It's the best of both worlds!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/60s, f/2.8 at ISO 1250 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment