Saturday, April 18, 2009

27/365 Bubble collection

To celebrate spring, and the bountiful blooming flowers, what's better than cutting a bouquet to bring inside with the fresh air?

I cut a handful of daffodils yesterday (a truly beautiful day in central Indiana), and after a few hours, I noticed these collections of water bubbles on the stems in the vase.

I wanted to play with lighting the flowers in the dark with a single spot (flashlight), so I worked in my highly sophisticated studio (which usually parades as an interior bathroom most of the time) on a white surface (the lid of the toilet).

I love having the latest and greatest in photography equipment and studio setups. A little creativity doesn't hurt, though.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 500, lit by a flashlight

No comments:

Post a Comment