Sunday, April 19, 2009

28/365 Heavenly fragrance

The handful of daffodils that I cut on Saturday brought a welcome bit of sunshine on a miserable, rainy Sunday.

They smell heavenly -- not too perfumey, and not so strong that you can't eat with them sitting on the table next to you. Lilacs have always been one of my favorite fresh flower fragrances to have wafting through the house, but they aren't quite blooming yet. These daffodils are a very good second choice.

The only flower that stands out in my mind as an absolute "no" when it comes to having the fragrance around (and it's more of an odor than a fragrance, in my book) is a lily. And the worst offenders are star-gazer lilies.

Gorgeous, yes, but horribly stinky and overpowering. I'm sure there are hundreds of people out there who would disagree with me, and this website proves it. But I stand by my opinion.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment