Wednesday, April 22, 2009

31/365 A small-town cemetery

I realized recently that I haven't tried to do any cemetery photos in the time since I've been authoring SightSalad.

That may not seem like an odd thing, but in the Indianapolis photography market, trekking to Crown Hill Cemetery is a must-do for interesting subject matter.

This shot isn't of lovely Crown Hill (which I do mean to photograph at some point) but it's a small cemetery I passed on my way home. My great-grandparents on my mom's side are actually buried in this cemetery.

One aspect of this photograph that I like is if you didn't know it was a photo of silhouetted grave markers, your first thought might be that it is a city skyline. Or is that a stretch?

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/250s, f/11 at ISO 100 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment