Tuesday, April 14, 2009

23/365 Mint-chocolatey goodness

I don't think I'm alone in stating that Thin Mints are The. Best. Girl Scout. Cookies. Ever.

I read recently that Thin Mints are their top seller year after year. I believe it. None of the other cookies even remotely tempt me. All I want is the mint-chocolatey goodness.

My love of this cookie probably isn't a surprise if you know about my love for Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. But now the Girl Scouts have fallen victim to the marketing and profit scheme running rampant throughout the food industry: they're packing fewer Thin Mints in every box.

Gasp!

I noticed even before I read the confession.

The first time I recall noticing this phenomenon, I was a kid opening a box of Pop Tarts. I realized that the delicious little pastry didn't fill out the wrapper quite as well as it used to. But had the price dropped? Of course not!

What's wrong with the world today?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 500

No comments:

Post a Comment