Friday, March 26, 2010

353/365 Something seasonal: watching the barometer

Earlier this week, I freely admitted to having a slight obsession with flowers. It's a healthy obsession, I swear.

Not much farther down the list of my photo-subject interests, as evidenced by the list of tags to the right, is meteorology. I've tagged 38 posts with "weather" and 22 posts with "storms" in the last two years.

One person who knows firsthand of my long-standing interest in meteorology is my brother, Chase. His most recent Christmas gifts to me were this barometer, a rain gauge, and an outdoor thermometer. His choices were perfect. I immediately hung my barometer prominently in my kitchen, under the clock, and I check it at least once every day.

I can't wait for spring storms to start rolling in and cause this needle to really start swinging!

Here are some of my favorite weather-related posts:
Gorgeous sunrise
Rule breaking - spring storms
Flood report
Lightning


Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 320

No comments:

Post a Comment