Tuesday, March 23, 2010

351/365 Something seasonal: sandals

I'm tired of wearing a coat. And scarf. And gloves. And tights. And socks. And boots (not that I don't love my boots). And long underwear to the office (yes, you read that right). And a warm hat.

I'm ready for t-shirts, tank tops, light skirts, sandals, shorts, sunglasses, baseball caps, and driving with the windows down and the radio turned up.

I went to a wedding this past weekend and took a chance when I planned my attire. A light, brightly colored dress, with sandals. No tights.

Yes, it was March 20 and that's definitely risky in central Indiana. I probably would have sought an alternate plan if the day had dawned cold and snowy, but I wasn't going to go down without a fight!

Luckily, I didn't lose any toes to frostbite and was actually quite comfortable in the 65-degree weather. I committed, doing my shoe shopping ahead of time (love, love, love Zappos and its two-way free shipping). I felt a little indulgent ordering four pairs of shoes in one sweep, but I swear I had no intention of keeping all of them.

And I didn't. You can check my highly organized shelves of shoes, I swear. I only kept the one pair.

Now, let's get some warmer weather so I can wear them again!

Camera: Canon 40D with 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/4.5 at ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment