Monday, March 22, 2010

350/365 White crocuses sprouting

Spring is officially here. I can hardly contain myself!

If you know me at all or have browsed through the past posts on this blog, you know I'm a huge fan of flowers and other flora as subject matter in my photography. Just click on "flowers" in the list of tags on the right side of the page, and you'll see. It's my fourth-most used tag, with 81 posts in the last two years (and this will make number 82).

So this sight, the first crocuses of the year, is like... the first ray of sunshine after a gloomy week. Reconnecting with an old friend. Finding $20 in the pocket of an old jacket. Emerging into the warm sunshine after you've been freezing inside the office. Winning the lottery.

Ok, maybe it's not like winning the lottery. But I haven't yet done that, so I can't say for sure! (My chances of winning would probably be better if I actually bought a lottery ticket.)

Let's just say I'm excited.

In honor of this spring signal, here are links to a few of my favorite flower photos:

Stunning zinnias
Cherry blossoms
Flowering redbuds
Along the iris spectrum
Perfect peonies

What about you? What's your favorite sign that spring is arriving?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 250

No comments:

Post a Comment