Sunday, May 31, 2009

70/365 Rule breaking - spring storms

I'm bending the rules just a bit for this post. But since I only have to answer to myself, I'm letting it slide. I'm doing it because these photos are worth it.

Here's the story:

On Saturday, I was on top of things, and I got my photo of the day processed and ready to post fairly early in the day.

Later that evening, close to sunset (which is now after 9:00 p.m.), storms rolled in. And in front of that rocky weather, beautiful and dramatic clouds arrived, complete with climbing thunderheads.
If you know me at all, you know that I can't pass up good meteorological photo opportunities. Just browse through the tags on the right, specifically those posts tagged with weather and storms. It will keep you busy for a while.

So these photos were technically shot on Saturday evening. But in my defense, they're of a completely different subject matter and were done after the earlier post of the day.

I know, I know, that's one demerit against me. I promise to get back to playing by the rules very soon. (But I can't promise that it won't happen again!)

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/250s, f/6.3 at ISO 100 at about 8:15 p.m. looking southeast and west

No comments:

Post a Comment