Thursday, March 18, 2010

346/365 Broadening my cooking horizons

Time to break out of the norm.

I signed up for Farm Fresh Delivery not only to encourage myself to get a big variety of fresh food in my diet, but also to encourage myself to cook more and try new recipes.

I've got goal number one down pat. Check it off the list. I love getting my produce delivery every other week!

Time to tackle goal number two. One way to do it? Pick some recipes from the fabulous cook books I have (which have primarily been functioning as dust-gatherers to this point). The Better Homes & Gardens must-have New Cook Book. Two Rachel Ray selections. The latest from Curtis Stone (Suggestion for the editors: on your next release, offer an edition that features audio of his spoken instructions. I guarantee sales will soar even higher!).

I've been flipping through these, page by page, marking recipes that catch my eye with some of my fantastic, trusty Post-it flags.

No, I haven't made anything new yet, because the organizer in me wants to finish perusing all pages before I start narrowing it down. But it's certainly whetting my appetite!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 640

No comments:

Post a Comment