Thursday, March 18, 2010

348/365 Something seasonal: asparagus

This isn't a sight we see (naturally) in the winter months in Indiana, so finding asparagus in my produce bin must mean that spring is inching closer.

I'll admit that asparagus has never been at the top of my list of favored vegetables. I can't say for sure why not; I can't even remember the last time I actually gave it a chance and took a bite. And yet I've said "pass" whenever it's come my way.

But my new-and-improved state of mind when it comes to increasing my daily vegetable intake has made me more open to giving it a second chance.

What about you? Where does asparagus rank in your personal list of vegetables?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 800

No comments:

Post a Comment