Sunday, September 21, 2008

190/365 Class is in session

I attended my second of three class sessions at the IMA yesterday, and thankfully, this one covered two basics that I hadn't quite mastered: white balance and fill flash.

Nearly all of my previous classes have touched on these, or I've purposely asked a question about them, but no teacher has been able to sufficiently explain what I was looking for.

In my mind, white balance is a concept more difficult to grasp. My lack of knowledge of fill flash had more to do with how to appropriately use flash settings to get the desired effect than how it works or why it's sometimes necessary.

We practiced a little inside the classroom, then took a few minutes to go outside on the grounds of the IMA to practice with sunlight.

Some of my classmates got creative with their perspectives, such as the man in this photo.

Camera: Canon 40D 1/125s, f/8 at ISO 100 in direct sunlight at about 11:45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment