Thursday, September 11, 2008

180/365 A sign of fall

Fall is coming.

It hit me instantly when I saw the first combines of the season harvesting soybeans.

I'm not ready for fall yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of things about fall. The holidays. Getting out my favorite sweaters and boots. Hot chocolate. Hot apple cider. Hot tea. Sweet potatoes. Shopping for Christmas. Watching the leaves change. Waiting for the first snowflakes to fall.

But I'm not ready to be forced into wearing a coat again. I hate driving while I'm all bundled up, when my arms are restricted, and how every time I slide out of the car and reach to close the door, I get zapped by static electricity.

Does anyone else feel like this spring and summer passed more quickly than usual?

We say that every year, don't we?

I'm not ready for fall.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 5:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment