Thursday, September 18, 2008

187/365 It's a beautiful day

I got to do something yesterday for the first time that I've been dying to do for years: eat my lunch on the Circle in downtown Indianapolis.

I'm easy to please, what can I say?

Beth works downtown, so I took my lunch, searched far and wide for a parking spot, and joined her on the steps of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. Temperature: 70 degrees. Conditions: not a cloud in the perfect blue sky.

Note: I did no color enhancement on this photo -- that's exactly how it looked!

Whenever photos of the city are used for publicity, it never fails that at least one shows the dozens of downtown workers enjoying their lunch on the steps of the Circle. Having never worked downtown myself, I've always longed to be one of that crowd.

Working hard, dressed in my business-casual finest, taking a break from the day to chat with a friend and enjoy my lunch in the sunshine.

And it was just as great as I hoped.

It's just not the same where I work. We have a picnic table in front of the building, under a tree, but it's on a strip of grass that hardly passes for greenery. Add the fact that it's practically in the middle of the parking lot, is next to the interstate (with cars and semis whizzing by), and neighbors the airport (which means you have to stop talking when FedEx planes are coming in), it's not the most serene lunch location.

The ambience on the Circle was a nice treat.

And the excellent company certainly didn't hurt.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 1:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment