Thursday, September 11, 2008

179/365 Hit the pavement

For post 178, I looked straight up at the sky. For this one, I looked straight down at the ground.

Living out in the country, without much traffic, I've seen my share of tire marks.

Every once in a while, on my way to work, I'll see a new pattern that acts as evidence of overnight mischief. This week, in one intersection, I found a series of circles that must have come from a long series of spin-outs a la victory lane at the Speedway.

It's not the first time I've seen such tread marks in that intersection. More often I see snaking lines that end up in a cornfield.

The marks in this photo are just your standard slam-on-the-brakes-for-the-stop-sign straight marks.

Camera: Canon 40D 1/125s, f/8 at ISO 200 in direct sunlight at about 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment