Saturday, September 6, 2008

175/365 Inside the pages of a book

I've been a voracious reader for as long as I can remember.

As a kid, whenever I was in the middle of an especially enthralling book, I used to hide a flashlight under my pillow at night to continue reading after bedtime. As soon as my parents tucked me in, I'd pull the covers up over my head, make a tent with my bent knees, rest the flashlight on my shoulder, and read undercover.

I don't have to do that anymore, but reading is still one of my very favorite pastimes. This year I've been on a Jane Austen kick. I took a semester-long literature class in college that focused entirely on Jane Austen, and ever since then I've been hooked.

Right now I'm reading an Austen sequel (you wouldn't believe how many different sequels, prequels, spinoffs, etc. exist for Austen novels), Eliza's Daughter by Joan Aiken. It's a sequel to Sense and Sensibility.

There's something about novels set in old England that have always enthralled me. I suppose it's the romantic in me. Who knows?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 640 in natural light from a southern window at about 6:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment