Wednesday, August 11, 2010

77/365 Potato frittata

Deep in my cook-something-new-each-week project, I was a bit of an overachiever last week and made two new recipes in one night.

It didn't really happen intentionally -- I didn't think to myself, "I think I'll spend a couple hours in the kitchen tonight and go for two new things at once." Instead, I found myself 1) cooking something new for dinner and 2) making a new dish to share with friends at our next Symphony on the Prairie picnic.

Item #1: A cheddar-potato frittata -- my first-ever frittata, if you can believe it! I made my first quiche just a couple months ago, too. This frittata was a recipe from a borrowed 1995 Cooking Light collection. (Bonus: I used my brand-new cast-iron Lodge skillet for the first time, which I just bought on my recent road trip through Tennessee.)

The frittata turned out perfectly, and I was able to stash a couple slices in the freezer for future quick dinners or breakfasts. It will be a repeat item.

Item #2: A greek pasta salad, with homemade dressing. This also turned out perfectly and will be one I'd like to make again. I actually might make some of the dressing to have on hand in the fridge for everyday salads.

Whew! What's next?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 500

No comments:

Post a Comment