Tuesday, July 27, 2010

67/365 Playing kids at the symphony

At my third attendance of the summer at Symphony on the Prairie this past weekend, I found myself watching a group of kids almost as much as I kept my eyes on the stage.

We sat in the shade near an open grassy area, and a handful of kids between the ages of about 4 and 8 ran circles around each other -- unfazed by the 90-degree heat -- for at least the first half of the performance. This little girl was loving the lush green grass. Doesn't it make you smile and remember those days of running around with complete abandon and just flopping down in the grass whenever you feel like it?

Judging by the grin on her face, she loved it.

When Mom and I were performing on our clogging team years ago, I always got a kick out of watching the kids that would approach and try to dance along with us at the edge of the audience. No concern about what other people thought, just pure enjoyment of the music and the entertainment.

I need reminders like that every once in a while! Don't you?

Camera: Canon 40D with 70-300mm IS lens, 1/125s, f/5 at ISO 320 and 200mm at about 8:30 p.m.

1 comment: