Monday, August 30, 2010

88/365 After the tree has fallen

The mighty tree has fallen!

The huge maple tree that has reigned over my backyard for the past who-knows-how-many decades has met its match, all in the course of a single day. It's amazing how different the space -- both land and air -- looks without that tree. The sunlight coming in through my kitchen window is now completely unfiltered, which I don't mind at all.

Cleanup in the spring and autumn, when the helicopters and leaves fall, will be monumentally easier without this tree. That's mainly just an annoyance, though, compared to the interference the tree caused with the house's plumbing.

Aesthetically, I think the house looked better with the tree intact. Cozier.

I'll guess I'll just have to find a new way to dress up the place!

Camera: Canon 40D with 24mm wide-angle lens, 1/125s, f/5.6 and f/2.8 at ISO 250 at about 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment