Sunday, August 15, 2010

79/365 Wildflowers

In pursuit of photos, I recently fell victim to Overstatement on Facebook.

I recently started following the county parks system on Facebook and was happy to see that they frequently update about special events and opportunities in the area.

One day, a post about flowers in a local park popped up in my feed. It read something along the lines of, "____ Park is in bloom! Come walk the trails and see it for yourself!" Knowing the kind of flowers that draw me, you'll understand that it caught my eye.

So I made the trip to the park that shall remain nameless and quickly discovered that "in bloom" referred to three rather underwhelming species of wildflowers that were overwhelmed by the natural grasses and greenery.

Bummer. I made the best of the situation, got my picture of the day, and headed home.

Next time I'll be a little more skeptical.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 400 at about 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment