Sunday, August 29, 2010

86/365 Fresh basil

I'm already planning my 2011 garden. What better time to plan it than while everything is fresh in your mind?

Some of my thoughts right now: my 2011 garden will be bigger; the plants will be farther from the garage wall; the cucumber and tomato plants will each have more space to themselves (they need it, because they're completely entwined in each other); I'll have some additional varieties of vegetables; and I want some herbs!

Because I don't have any herbs of my own, I bought a huge bag of fresh basil on my stop at a local farmer's market. I actually didn't realize at first that I was buying the entire bag of basil (about a gallon-size baggie full), but I was certainly happy to get it!

I kept a sprig to use fresh and dehydrated the rest. It made the house smell wonderful! Basil will definitely be a feature in my garden next year.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment