Tuesday, August 3, 2010

72/365 Monster cucumber

I'll be honest. I gasped and exclaimed out loud when I found this monster in my garden.

It's a cucumber, if you'll believe that! Somehow it managed to hide from me, under the leaves and amidst the vines, until it reached record-setting proportions and could no longer evade me. Holy cow.

Unfortunately, they aren't very good when they reach this size, and the seeds inside pretty much take over. I guess it just underscores the idea that we chose the right spot for my garden!

I'll be taking notes for next year's planting, and near the top of the list will be: "Enlarge garden and provide at least two extra feet of space on either side of the cucumber!"

Camera: Canon 40D with 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment