Monday, August 9, 2010

75/365 Purple petunia

This shade of purple is one of those colors that makes me feel happier just by seeing it. Do you have certain colors that affect you in that way?

When I painted the rooms of my house, I was mindful of the moods I wanted to cultivate in those rooms. Kitchen: lively, cheery. Bathroom: energizing (for those early mornings), happy (for those early mornings). Bedroom: calm, serene, peaceful. Office: creative, inspiring. I love my bright, bold colors.

When I spent time in New Orleans last year and volunteered for Habitat for Humanity, they had the same idea: paint the new houses bright colors that will bring life back into these devastated neighborhoods. I don't want the outside of my house to be this shade of purple, but I get where they're coming from!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/400s, f/4 at ISO 100 at about 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment