Monday, August 31, 2009

161/365 That time of year

I thought it was allergies at first, but when my sinuses stopped up and my nose started running, I knew I had a cold.

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I seem to always get a cold right around Labor Day. It happened last year, too. When I was still in school, I attributed it to school being back in session. Everyone had been separated for the summer, but then you're crammed into a classroom in each other's space, and that means germs get passed around.

I'm no longer in school, but I work with oodles of people who have kids who are, so the germs may just be moving from one location to another. Regardless of how it happens, this is the time of year that I seem to catch it.

My cold this year was bad enough that I had to miss the Junior Miss program on Saturday night. I was quite bummed to have put in the work all week helping them practice, then miss the final culmination of all that hard work. It's the first Junior Miss local program I've missed in eight years.

Better luck next year, I hope!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 250 in natural light near a window

No comments:

Post a Comment