Monday, August 3, 2009

133/365 Customized embroidery on new aprons

When you get used to having custom-made clothes, quilts, clocks, artwork, etc., it makes it hard to go back to ready-made items.

Take my two new aprons, for example. The foundation is just a plain white pocketed apron bought at Sam's Club. But the personal touch? So much more valuable than anything I'd find in a store.

Mom and I (well, I mainly pointed and observed) embroidered these aprons on Sunday afternoon. On the first, we started with a sunshine-yellow thread.

Then added a cherry red.

And a cool aqua blue.

After that, we spiced it up with purple. You can start to see the final design, can't you?

Added some appropriately shaded latte-colored thread.

And finished it off with more red.

In the end I had a super cute tea cup embroidered onto the front of my new apron, and no one else in the world has one exactly like it.

See how that could be easy to get used to?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment