Monday, August 3, 2009

134/365 Greener shopping

One of the "green" things I'm trying to do lately is use my own bags for shopping. The hardest part? Remembering to grab them in the car on the way into the store.

I have three random cloth tote bags I'm currently using, and this one was actually a gift in college from a girlfriend. She spent a summer in New York, and I flew out one weekend with another friend to visit. For the following Christmas, she printed a photo of NYC on iron-on paper, affixed it to the bag, and dressed it up a bit.

I've used this tote bag for just about everything under the sun. During college, it was my dedicated bag for transporting bathroom essentials back and forth between home and school. And now it's a grocery bag.

My other two shopping tote bags? A college alumni bag that came in my graduation package, and a small bag from TLC, the laser eye center where I had my corrective PRK surgery last year.

It's not the most cohesive set of bags, but they're free, they're reusable, and they cut down on the number of plastic bags that tend to pile up very quickly! Now I just need to tie a string to my finger so I remember them every time.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/60s, f/2.8 at ISO 400 in incandescent lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment