Monday, August 31, 2009

160/365 A beautiful new lap quilt

I admit I'm spoiled. I've become accustomed to having handmade quilts, crafted with quality fabrics, using cotton batting, and finished with a truly artistic quilting design.

Blame it on my mom. Now that she's introduced me to this kind of quilt, I can't imagine having anything else!

She just finished a lap quilt for me that incorporates the colors in my living room, and I have to say, it's gorgeous! Yes, I'm biased, but even when you correct for that, it's still beautiful.

It's the perfect size -- big enough to cover me from chin to toe when I'm snuggled up with a book on the couch, and small enough that I'm not wrestling with extra feet of fabric that you find in a full-size bed quilt.

The only thing I can think of that will improve it is to make it well-loved and broken in after running through the washing machine a few times.

Some people prefer for their quilts to remain like new and a little stiff. But I'm the opposite: I want my quilts to be soft, malleable, and ready to conform to every book-reading, movie-watching, or nap-taking position. I plan to get plenty of use out of this one!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000 in fluorescent lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment