Sunday, August 16, 2009

145/365 Thank you, WFMS!

I've been a devoted listener of WFMS since at least second grade.

That's a long time to be a devotee, so it seems fitting that I should be rewarded occasionally, doesn't it?

While I was driving to work on Monday morning, the morning DJs played a game during which they played snippets of three individual celebrities talking, in normal conversation. Each snippet lasted around two seconds. They call it the "Secret Stars."

There are times when I don't have a clue about any of them, or I can only guess one or two. But this time, I knew all three. I waited while caller after caller got the answers wrong, and then I picked up my phone to give it a try, expecting the usual busy signal.

But it rang. It rang about five times, then the lead DJ answered and said, "Hello, WFMS, who's this?"

I gave my name, identified the three celebrities (Adam Sandler, Sharon Osbourne, and Eddie Murphy), and won! I couldn't believe it!

And the best part? I hadn't even really been paying attention to what I was playing for. And it wasn't until Thursday, when I heard them play the game again, that I knew: Two tickets to the Jason Aldean sound-check party before his concert at the State Fair. His new CD.

And, one of the best prizes I could have ever hoped for -- two tickets to Jason Aldean's concert with Keith Urban!

What a fantastic way to start the week!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 12:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment