Sunday, August 23, 2009

153/365 Pico de gallo

I'm quite behind on posts this week due to a very busy schedule. I apologize if you're sitting on the edge of your seat, waiting anxiously for new photos! Next week should be back to normal.

Over the weekend, Mom and I used some fresh garden tomatoes, jalapenos from a friend's garden, and made pico de gallo for the first time! It was a beautiful sight in the bowl, filled with rich colors. And it tasted mighty good, too.

Where did we get the recipe? Pioneer Woman. She mentioned on her blog that this recipe came from a Mexican friend, so I thought it would be a good place to start for authenticity.

And if you love guacamole, once you've made the pico de gallo, take the next step and make homemade guac!

I could eat this stuff every day. It makes my mouth water now just remembering how great it was.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 320 near a window in natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment