Friday, May 22, 2009

61/365 Congratulations, Chase!

As evidence that time has flown by, my little (relative term) brother has officially completed his college education.

He's now an alumnus of Indiana University in Bloomington, holds a degree, and is ready to for his trek into the real world.

Can he -- and I -- really be that old?

It seems like just yesterday that I was helping him scour through the IU course catalog, searching for a major that didn't involve Calculus and did involve spending time outside. We found one that suited him perfectly, he stuck with it for four full years (an accomplishment in itself), and he's done!

I'm incredibly proud of him. I loved seeing him enjoy school and enjoy going to classes that taught information he was truly interested in. I thought I would fall out of my chair one day when he mentioned the idea of one day going to grad school for more education.

Can this really be the same Chase I've known and loved for 22+ years?

We honored him with an open house (which, of course, had a cake with red and white icing) on Saturday and stamped an official end to his college career.

Now, what's next?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 500 lit by window light at about 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment