Saturday, May 30, 2009

69/365 Homemade Orange Julius

This has got to be one of my favorite mid-day snacks to enjoy in the warm-weather months.

A homemade Orange Julius. Refreshing, smooth, tangy and sweet. And very low-guilt. Oh my.

What could be better?

It's so good, I'd be a horrible person if I made your mouth water then didn't share the recipe. But I don't like to be horrible.



Homemade Orange Julius

1 can (6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate, UNthawed
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
1/3 cup Splenda (or 1/2 cup sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups ice (adjust accordingly for the consistency you like)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Servings: 4 cups (which, depending on the size of your glass, could be 2-4 servings)



I recommend sipping it through a straw in your favorite outdoor chair, with your feet up and a good book in your lap.

Go ahead. Try it. Then report back and tell me how you like it.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 100 in Southern window light at about 4:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment