Sunday, May 10, 2009

48/365 Hosta-l territory

I'm sorry, I know the pun in the title of this post is bad, but I couldn't resist. It popped into my head immediately and refused to leave.

I started to photograph the rhododendron that lives near this lovely hosta, but it wasn't quite fully blooming yet, so I started scouting for plan B. And that's when I found myself in a hosta-ge situation.

Oops, that one slipped out. My apologies.

I love the soft patterns in the leaves, and what caught my eye were the spirals created by the overlapping layers. It's a beautiful green and ivory-colored leaf, but I knew right off the bat that I wanted to see it in black and white to focus on the pattern.

Post number 49 will feature the rhododendron. It just needed an extra day for more blooms to greet the world.

Uh oh, look out, here comes another one.

Hosta la vista, baby.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 100 at about 6:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment