Sunday, April 27, 2008

44/365 Dreaming big

One of Chase's main means of income comes from detailing vehicles. He's naturally really good at it because he's always had an eye for details and loves knowing the ins and outs of various machinery. Depending on the state of the vehicle and the owner's desire, he goes over every inch, inside and out, making sure every bit is maybe not looking like new, but as good as it can.

This Harley belongs to one of his regular customers. I think it's the only Harley he does, and I can tell that he always gets a little thrill when he goes to pick it up. My dad had Harleys for years while I was growing up, so when I hear Chase come up the road with this one, it brings back a whole flood of memories.

I didn't ride with Dad very often, but the one time I remember being especially excited was when he took me to one of my softball games. I got to climb off the back of that rumbling hulk of a machine, pull off my helmet, shake out my ponytail (like all the women do on TV) and go join my teammates.

Chase got to dream big for a few hours while he had this one, but in the end it did have to go back to its owner.


Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR on Program setting, 1/250s, f/9 and f/6.3 at ISO 100. Natural sunlight at about 11:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment