Saturday, April 12, 2008

29/365 Music to my eyes and ears

When I think of string instruments, the first ones that come to mind are violins, cellos, guitars... but not pianos. And yet, they're one of the most complex and common string instruments. With the strings enclosed in the body of the instrument, hidden from everyday view, this fact slips to the back of my mind.

When we first got this piano, one thing I loved to do was stand at the side with the lid open and watch the hammers strike the strings as Mom played. It still fascinates me, but I've become more accustomed to it, so I don't watch as often anymore.

Today I reclaimed my post and not only watched but photographed the music emanating from the piano.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR 1/60s, f/4.5, ISO 1600 in natural light at about 6:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment