Friday, April 11, 2008

28/365 Green with envy

When I got home from work this evening, I took a walk outside in the wooded area behind our house. We had some rain yesterday and last night, so today was the day that leaves everywhere decided to pop out and brave the new season. I love it!

The woods still retain that harsh edge from winter. It's peaceful as can be and hints of green are sprouting, but the wind caused the still-bare limbs above my head to creak and scratch against each other. It reminded me of a combination between a calling bird and swinging door in a haunted house. I'm not sure what kind of plant this is, but its vines intertwine and twist all over the trees and paths in this area. They're tough as can be, too.
And on my way back to the house, I spotted fresh, clear hoof prints in the mud that were defined by the sun and the evening's deep shadows.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR, all shot around 6:30 p.m. in natural light.
1st photo: 1/60s, f/5.6, ISO 100
2nd photo: 1/60s, f/8, ISO 100
3rd photo: 1/250s, f/5.6, ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment