Saturday, April 26, 2008

42/365 Silver lining


The way the sun is lighting these clouds makes me think of a visual representation of looking for the silver lining. The timing -- sunset -- also lends itself to that image. If I were Shakespeare, I could write three pages of iambic pentameter exploring the parallels between this image and various events happening right now, but I'll restrain myself.

Instead, I'll just tell you that I spotted these clouds in the sunset a few hours before a line of spring thunderstorms rolled through. I was hoping for ideal lightning-photography conditions, but it never happened. Or at least, it didn't happen before I gave up waiting and went to bed.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR, 1/60s, f/8.0 at ISO 200. Approximately 8:00 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I'm glad that you chose to avoid the temptation to write 3 pages of iambic pentameter exploring the relationships possible in your observations and their metaphoric meanings, but would have gladly perused your verse. : )

    ReplyDelete