Tuesday, April 1, 2008

17/365 Spring Storms


Before I went to college, I wanted to be a meteorologist (and not one on TV). Storms fascinate me even to this day. Every time I went to Barnes & Noble, I made a beeline for the science section and scanned the stacks for any new weather-related books.

When I was in junior high and high school, at the height of my meteorological obsession, March signified the start of the spring storm season. It kicked off with severe weather awareness week at the beginning of the month, which meant a special section about tornadoes in the newspaper I could cut out and savor for the rest of the year. I think I still have all of those!

When I started taking up photography as a hobby, it came naturally for me to turn my camera toward the sky. So this definitely won’t be the last of my weather/sky photos for the year.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at 5:30 in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment