Thursday, April 24, 2008

41/365 Showing its age

I like looking for repeating patterns and textures, so this was what grabbed me today. When the weather is pleasant, we spend a lot of time on this deck grilling, soaking up the sun, reading a book, watching the horses... I'm looking forward to getting some nice weather on the weekends when I actually have time to get out and enjoy it.

We've been in this house for 14 years, so these original boards are beginning to warp with age and sun exposure. Something interesting happened this winter when we had several extremely cold spells. In the severe cold, while I was sitting (warm) inside on the couch, every once in a while I could hear nails snapping in the deck outside. The first few times it happened, it sounded like gunshots right on the other side of the window. Gunshots aren't uncommon here, but hearing them at night is.

Now that it's warmer, the deck is quiet again and waiting for us to get outside!

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR on Program setting, 1/80s, f/5.0 at ISO 400 in natural light at approximately 7:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment