Wednesday, April 16, 2008

33/365 Sidetracked by curiosity

I was heading outside to photograph some grape hyacinths in the yard this evening when I looked out and saw the horses helping Dad clean the lawn mower, so I took a detour. The girls were both gathered around the tractor, picking up clumps of shorn grass that Dad tossed aside, licking the top of the deck, checking out buckets, and just being curious.

Oprah was, of course, first in line with curiosity, and as soon as I crouched down to try to get her silhouette in the sunset, she abandoned Dad and came to check out what I was doing instead.Shep is much more practiced at the "I'm going to do my own thing and come to you when I darn well please" look, so she gave me a nice broadside view:

I want to try this again when we have an even more dramatic sunset.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR, Program setting at about 7:45 in the evening.
1st photo 1/200s, f/9.0, ISO 200
2nd photo 1/400s, f/11, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment