Monday, April 12, 2010

365/365 Final post of year two!

Today is a big day! This is post number 365!

Wow, year two is complete. This second year has been a new kind of challenge. During the first year, the largest challenge was teaching myself to find a worthy photo in every day. This year? Finding a worthy photo in every day that I hadn't already done in the first year.

If you're a new visitor, welcome! I hope you'll stick around, because I'm not going anywhere -- year three starts right away.

Last year, I wrapped up the first year with my top ten favorite posts. It seems appropriate to do it again!

32/365 Cherry blossoms -- I just love the rich, sharp colors in this photo. It just screams life!

64/365 Perfect peonies -- This photo is now framed and hanging on my living room wall. I'm a big fan of pink in general, and peonies have a special family meaning for me. Love this photo.

87/365 Recovery in New Orleans -- My first-ever trip for work, and it involved a journey to a very interesting city. I didn't expect to enjoy New Orleans as much as I did. I came away pleasantly surprised and absolutely interested in returning.

117/365 Kelly & Matt's engagement -- I shot engagement portraits for some fellow Butler grads, and we had a ball strolling around campus. I really enjoyed highlighting both the couple and their favorite places on campus.

119/365 Stunning zinnias -- Are you surprised to see another flower on this list of favorites? (Probably not.) And it's pink!

146/365 The amazing Keith Urban -- I won tickets to his concert, and Keith Urban happens to be one of my very favorite musicians and artists. The seats were fantastic, and I had the chance to get some great photos!

166/365 Camera + Dog -- My love, he just makes my heart melt. This photo just makes me want to hug him.

195/365 Near-harvest soybeans -- An iconic Indiana scene, and I happened upon it in perfect light. I love the detail on the pods.

240/365 A lovely walk around Chicago -- Mom and I took a trip to Chicago by train last November, and we were fortunate to get a beautiful, cool fall day to explore Millennium Park. I had to make a trip to the Cloud Gate with my camera!

364/365 Ditching my theme for a crocus -- And finally, my previous post. I love the return of outdoor plant life in Indiana!

I'd love to hear from you -- ideas for themed weeks, subject matter you'd like to see more of, anything! Look out, here comes year three...

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/60s, f/2.8 at ISO 1600 at about 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment