Monday, September 7, 2009

166/365 Camera + Dog

Is it obvious that I love this little guy?

Just watching him go about his day warms my heart. Here, all he's doing is sitting in the yard, observing the action in the neighborhood, scanning for changes, but I just want to hug him. I love when he's sitting up tall, tail curled, ears perked, at attention.

I also love when he's sprawled out on the floor in a completely opposite state of mind. And just about every point in between.

It's not just me. Good luck finding a person who owns both a pet and a camera who doesn't feel compelled to capture just a little of the essence of their love for their buddy. Some do it better than others, but the feeling is still the same.

Want a couple good examples? Here are two of my favorite photographers, whose blogs are kept near the top of my Photography category in my Google Reader:

1. Cowbelly Pet Photographer, a woman in Seattle who actually makes her living photographing pets (what an awesome job!). She has her own dog, Fergie, and regularly turns her lens to her own furry friend. Her latest post is especially sweet, and this woman knows what she's doing. These aren't your average pet photos.

2. Jasmine Star, a photographer in California whose style really inspires me. She has a fluffy white dog of her own, named Polo, who makes appearances on her blog. He and Buster look like they could be long-lost cousins.

See, I'm not the only one!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 250 in direct sunlight at about 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment