Tuesday, April 20, 2010

7/365 A furry source of inspiration

I'm amazed by the number of great, successful photographers out there who specialize in one thing and one thing only. And I'm not talking about weddings, not senior portraits, and not even little-league sports teams.

It's pets. People and their (mostly) furry family members. Those furry family members who we love so much it makes our spines tickle just thinking about how special they are.

I'm not surprised that people are willing to pay a photographer to capture the essence of their pet for visual eternity. In fact, as I work to expand my own photography career, this is an avenue that I seriously want to explore. Senior portraits, weddings, engagements, and family portrait opportunities are easier to come by, but I'm such an animal lover that this subject matter really appeals to me.

Some of my inspiration?
And of course, my biggest source of inspiration, pictured here.

Photography + furry creatures = awesome!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/250s, f/4.5 at ISO 125 at about 4:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment