Saturday, December 19, 2009

262/365 New ornament


Starting with the year I was born, I've received a Hallmark Christmas ornament to commemorate the year. It started with my grandparents on my dad's side of the family, then my Mom picked up where they left off.

The idea was that these ornaments would give Chase and I a good start when we got our own Christmas trees. It's true! My little 4.5-footer is full!

It's fun to see the progression of interests as we've grown. All the first ornaments were pretty much the same: "Baby's 3rd Christmas," little kids' crayons and toys, etcetera. Then our personalities came out. Chase's ornaments began taking on a more outdoorsy, rugged feel, with lots of boots, wild animals, and large machinery.

Mine? I had a streak of seven or eight years that featured puppies and kittens, then the theme switched to girlie fashion accessories. For the fourth year in a row, my ornaments have been shoe-related.

How did that happen?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 800

No comments:

Post a Comment