Tuesday, December 8, 2009

251/365 One little Christmas tree


"I found a Christmas tree today!"

"Great! How big is it?"

"Eight feet tall, and 60" in diameter. I know it's really big for my space, but I just fell in love with it and couldn't resist."

Silence. "Oh my gosh...?"

"Just kidding! It's a cute little 4.5-foot tall, Norfolk pine that has pinecones. It's very cute."

I couldn't help but tease my mom a little when I found my tree. She had helped me scope out options a couple weeks before I found this one, and she warned me about not falling for one too big for my space.

If past precedent says anything, though, she would be the one person who would understand loving a big tree. The story goes that when she and Dad bought their first one, when I was a baby, she went out, intending to get a small tree, but came back with a 7-footer.

I've grown up with artificial trees, so I naturally gravitate toward that variety. I put my tree up this year the day after Thanksgiving, but as of now, it's adorned with just four ornaments. I suppose this will be a year for decorating gradually.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1 second, f/4 at ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment